Before I get into the City.
I love my country life.
My (poopy) flight was delayed 8 hours out of WA
(poopy Allegiant)
so I was able to spend a little extra time
with the husband at work before leaving him for 2 weeks
Our flight from LAX to JFK was my favorite airplane so far
and I have been on a lot of airplanes in my lifetime
my only complaints were hilarious moments thanks to the variety of people on the flight
I laughed, I cried, I barfed.
It was a lovely beginning to my vacation.
My first real life taxi ride
outside of the many I had in Ecuador
that cost less combined than this one from the airport
Anytime I got in a taxi while we were in the City
(which was only a few times because we used the Metro and walked mainly)
I was SO BUMMED it wasn't the CASH CAB!
______________________________________________________________________
For those of you who don't know already:
my amazing mom is from New York.
Not the city but the state.
So her family is all on the east coast
the only time we usually get to see them is
when we go to NY (just about) every summer
This past May I married a wonderful man from Washington
who works and works and works some more after that
he was unable to make it to NY this summer
because it was during a crucial time for farming
(he had lots of cherry harvest preparations)
My dad couldn't make it this year either because of work
one or or another we came to the conclusion of a pre-lake city trip!
Just a girl trip.
My mom, my younger sister, and I all were able to see a bit of the city
before meeting up with the rest of the family at the lake
We used the New York City Pass
we saved a ton of money and got to see so much
in such a little amount of time
(you know, those New York minutes)
Because we did so much so quickly I have to break it up in to multiple posts.
Here is the beginning of Day 1
The Rockefeller Center.
You will eventually notice that my mother and I somehow accidentally matched both days.
We both packed 2 specific outfits separately, in different states even!
And somehow ended up twinners.
Love her.
My sister is a babe.
looking through all the pictures from the trip,
she totally cracks me up.
So much sass.
The elevator ride up and down in the Rockefeller to the top deck
has a clear ceiling with lights and music.
really isn't cheesy at all
it was amazing to see how fast the elevator goes
This is the famous photo from the construction of the Rock
what cuties
After the Rockefeller we rented bikes to see Central Park
we rode over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art through the park
I really like Central Park
I love how much green there is right in the middle of New York
you look around to all the greeny goodness
and then just up a little to see the buildings lining the sky
very unique place
My mom guessed who he was without even seeing his name all huge in the ground.
He is the author of the Ugly Duckling.
My mom is a fan.
The MET
Don't ask what she is pointing to
I don't know
but what I do know is that almost all of the penis's are broken off
you guys, that's a lot of penis's
there are lots of those statues and majority are male
just saying
(yes, this one was intact)
the head of Medusa
it is a beautiful Museum, and we didn't even see half of it
it's huge
We did go into a special American Civil War Exhibit
(photography was not allowed)
THAT was very interesting
very real
lots of pieces and pictures from the Civil War
I love the scene on the front steps
And then we rode back through the park
Central Park is the coolest.
Be ready for more!!
Because its comin!!!









wow, i've never really sat and looked hard at pics of central park before. that looks like an incredible place. you're right, it's so unique! wow. I'd love to go sometime!
ReplyDelete