Saturday, April 30, 2011

Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

I love House. So here's an MRI machine..
(and yeah, I spy the gun too. I don't know. Just pretend it isn't there)

Today was my first experience getting an MRI. 

The sounds are like a really obnoxious printer spinning in a plastic doughnut around your body. Its great! If I opened my eyes i would start tearing up or my eyes would trip out. The way the machine's color and texture was inches from my face made my eyes unsure on how to focus on it a couple times. It hurt my head. Oh! And I have this trick that my body likes to play on me where I get super cold and super hot. So, there I am, in scrubs, laying in the tube that is only inches in diameter, when my body gets SUPER SMOKING HOT and I can't move! So I just about died. If it weren't for silent prayers shooting out of my brain right and left and the country music that was playing I would have really been dead. But that is what we pay big bucks for! Here's to figuring out the damage! Hopefully something comes out of it other than hearing beeps and bangs for an hour. Seriously, overall, it wasn't that bad. I'd do it again if my legs don't tingle. It is kind of relaxing once you close your eyes and pretend you aren't trapped.)

1 comment:

  1. "it wasn't that bad"?????!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!?? oh my gosh i had an MRI when i was 6 months pregnant and i seriously thought i was going to die. i hated it so badly, and i was also praying silent prayers like crazy the entire time. but what are you smoking, you actually thought it was RELAXING!? : ) you should go to my blog and look for the post titled something like "the rockstar that i am". it's my MRI experience and you'd get a laugh.

    ReplyDelete