The story goes a little something like this:
Once upon a time, I bought a $7 "cheap" mirror from kmart
and Idaho's winds knocked it out of my control and it shattered before my eyes.
A good friend was sure to remind me that this means SEVEN YEARS of bad luck. Who even believes that stuff anyways, right? Not me. Well, let me tell you... I got pretty dang close to believing it this weekend!
To make my always long, detailed stories short, lots of bad things began to happen!
Finally I had time to deal with kmart once again.
Monday I wore my bright orange hunting beanie with my fingers crossed for a brand new day.
Rachelle and I were at good ole kmart when we decided to ask if it was possible to exchange the broken mirror (and plastic storage bin that broke that day too and stabbed my foot-yay). The cashier's response? "For you I will" *wink*
OH LOVELY. see you later.
Later: I am in a hurry to exchange my broken purchases so I run in laughing with Rachelle (my amazing roommate) trying not to further ruin my life.
"You came back!" -the very smiley cashier exclaimed
I am handling the exchange while Rachelle goes to find another plastic bin. She is obviously struggling with which one it was so I inform the cashier that she needs me. You don't need me right?
"Well, I need you but it's COOL"
Confused, I run to Rachelle's rescue. Seeing him lean on the counter and smirk in the corner of my eye.
All the exchanging business is finished and before I sprint back out the door I ask, "Is that all? Is there anything else you need or am I good to go?"
New friend, Jake of kmart says, "Well, we have this new policy that when someone exchanges an item because it's broken we have to get their cell phone number.."
Okay (just trying to hurry and get out. completely clueless)
It didn't hit me until I already had my cell phone number's entirety on the post-it
that he was GETTING MY NUMBER. DUH.
smiled. said thanks and out we ran...
new policies. ha.
So far, I have had a night of interesting text exchanges
during which he asked to take me out and hang out.
TBC


No comments:
Post a Comment